Find Out How We Can Help You Call For A Free Initial Consultation

June 2016 Archives

Can a parent go to another state for a new custody ruling?

Generally speaking, no the other parent cannot do that. If the other parent is successful that would only be because the residential situation regarding your child is unusually complex. In most situations, the states are bound the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act. This is a uniform set of laws adopted by 48 states and the District of Columbia. The UCCJEA harmonizes the laws among the states to ensure that parents cannot shop around to different state laws in order to get the best child custody order.

Does a job justify a child support modification?

It can, but not just because you changed jobs. A new job alone is insufficient to support the modification of a support order. Support orders are only modified based upon a handful of situations. The new job must fit within one of those situations to justify granting it. This post will go over how your job change could justify new support orders.

Email Us For A Response

Find Out How We Can Help You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy