Ensuring Optimal Child Custody And Parenting Time For Your Child’s Well-Being
Representation From A Minnesota Mother And Proven Custody Attorney
The well-being of their children is the most important thought a parent carries into each day. Christina Huson is a child custody attorney and a mother, so she understands this from both perspectives.
She knows the strength of the bond between parent and child, and she knows the serious risks divorce poses to that relationship. She has made it our goal at Huson Law Firm, PLLC, to establish workable parenting arrangements that ensure the health and prosperity of her clients’ children in St. Paul, Minneapolis and beyond.
Custody And Parenting Time In Minnesota
Minnesota custody issues center around determining which parent or parents will have legal and physical custody:
- Legal custody gives a parent the authority to make decisions about how to raise the child relative to health care, religious training, education and general welfare.
- Physical custody gives a parent the authority to determine where the child lives and how their routine day-to-day activities are structured.
Both legal and physical custody can be the sole responsibility of one parent or shared as part of a joint custody arrangement agreed to by the parents or determined by family court. Once a custody determination is made, it’s often difficult to modify the terms absent major changes in circumstances.
If child support is required, this too may be affected by the custody arrangement. We can bridge differences while also effectively asserting your rights and wishes if an agreement can’t be reached.
Determining The Best Interests Of Your Child
When parents cannot agree on a custody arrangement, the court makes a decision based on the best interest of the child. This will be determined based on factors such as:
- The wishes of the child’s parents
- The child’s primary caretaker
- The level of intimacy between each parent and the child
- The interaction and inter-relationship between the child, each parent, siblings and others who may affect the child
- The child’s adjustment to home, school and the community
- The mental and physical health of all individuals involved
At the Huson Law Firm, our extensive experience and intimate knowledge of the issues facing parents and families help us form agreements on these very difficult issues.
Full-Service Representation For Minnesota Parents And Children
We have ably served clients in the Twin Cities metro and throughout Minnesota in custody and visitation matters. Contact our Maplewood office today to arrange a free consultation so you can sit down with a child custody lawyer and discuss solutions.